2/07/2010

James Dean

Photog: Roy Schatt

Bio

The Mirrored Psyche: James Dean and Roy Schatt

Mad About the Boy

Surviving James Dean by William Bast

I'm playing the damn bongos and the world can go to hell.

QUOTES I
QUOTES II

The gratification comes in the doing, not in the results.

The only greatness for man is immortality.

They say you can't get it on with a girl in a Porsche. That's bullshit. If you don't believe me, ask Natalie [Wood].

There is no way to be truly great in this world. We are all impaled on the crook of conditioning.

I want to be a Texan 24 hours a day.

I think the prime reason for living in this world is discovery.

When an actor plays a scene exactly the way a director orders, it isn't acting. It's following instructions. Anyone with the physical qualifications can do that.

To grasp the full significance of life is the actor's duty; to interpret it his problem; and to express it his dedication.

"James Dean and bird"

I don't even want to be just the best. I want to grow so tall that nobody can reach me.

To my way of thinking, an actor’s course is set even before he’s out of the cradle.

I'm a serious minded and intense little devil - terribly gauche and so tense that I don't see how people can stay in the same room as me. I know I couldn't tolerate myself.

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.

The Complete James Dean Collection