9/27/2008

Sweet Smell of Success





James Dean__1950s New York


1950s model


SWEET SMELL OF SUCCESS
1957
w/Burt Lancaster, Tony Curtis & Susan Harrison

[Quotes]
I love this dirty town.

My right hand hasn't seen my left hand in thirty years.

I'd hate to take a bite outta you. You're a cookie full of arsenic.

You're dead son. Get yourself buried.

The next time you want information, don't scratch for it like a dog, ask for it like a man!

I call him the boy with the ice cream face.

What you do, Mr. Falco, is crawl like a hen. You just laid an egg.

How many drinks does it take to put you in that tropical island mood?

Don't do anything I wouldn't do, and that gives you a lot of leeway.

JJ: What's this boy got that Suzie likes?
Sidney: Integrity. How cute. Like indigestion.

Many people tell me I'm gifted, but even I can't see around corners.

Those "dears" sound like daggers.

I think I'm going home. Maybe I left my sense of humour in my other suit.

Don't remove the gangplank, Sidney - you may want to get back on board.

I'm toasting my favourite new perfume: success.

In brief, from now on, the best of everything is good enough for me.

[Links]
Wikiquote
Time.com: All-Time 100 Movies
Roger Ebert - review
Amazon.com - DVD
New York Retro Photo

[Vids]
In the Bag
Greedy Murmur of Little Men