Men go to bed with Gilda, but wake up with me.
No one can be Gilda 24 hours a day.
All I wanted was just what everybody else wants, you know, to be loved.
Increasingly, stars are recruited from the ranks of professional models, with the results that today's starlets are better dressed & better groomed than ever before, though it is doubtful if they are better actresses.
When asked what she thought when she looks at herself after waking up in the morning: "Darling, I don't wake up 'til the afternoon."
On why she divorced Orson Welles: "I can't take his genius any more."
- Some legends say the Margarita cocktail was named for her when she was dancing under her real name in a Tijuana, Mexico nightclub.
- Through her father she is descended from the Spanish Jews. And through her mother she is part Irish and part English.
- The famous red hair was not her natural color (which was black). When she was signed, studio heads decided that her hairline was too low on her forehead, and she underwent years of painful electrolysis to make it higher.
- On May 27, 1949, she married Prince Aly Khan. Many people forget that Rita, not Grace Kelly, was the first movie star to become a princess.
- She was the producers' first choice for CASABLANCA (1942), but they couldn't get her and were fortunate to settle for Ingrid Bergman.
- Publicist Henry Rogers, hired by Eddie Judson to promote his wife, said of him, "It seemed to me that Eddie would have sold his wife to the highest bidder if it would have advanced her career..."
- Knocked out two of Glenn Ford's teeth during their fight in GILDA (1946).
- Cousin of Ginger Rogers
- Nickname: The Love Goddess
Rita Hayworth quotes: http://www.allmovieportal.com/c/ritahayworth.html
Rita Hayworth trivia: http://www.celebritywonder.com/html/ritahayworth.html
Hollywood movies in 1946: moderntimes.com/1946/